Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone hacked

i was on safari and received a popup that my inphone was hacked directing me to the app store, is shut off my data and internet now need to know what to do!

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 8:11 AM

3 replies

Apr 8, 2021 8:26 AM in response to Thunderchildcrab

Thunderchildcrab Said:

"iphone hacked: i was on safari and received a popup that my inphone was hacked directing me to the app store, is shut off my data and internet now need to know what to do!"

-------

This Comes Across as a Scam:

By your wording, it seems someone asked you for various credentials. If you provided them. So, that means you fell for a phishing scam --- Apple is not going to send you a message telling you "your iPhone is hacked". So, with your Apple Account being of high-concern here - consider the following:

Five Thoughts:

A. Use Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

The free version blocks popups. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked Numbers - Apple Community

B. Modify your Credentials:

If you suspect activity issues, and interacted with it an any form, then modify the you credentials:

C. Report this to Apple:

Provide Apple with a a Screenshot of this. Go Here: Using the Photos App to Report Scams: - User Tips

D. Contact Apple, ASAP:

Contact Apple Support about this ASAP, requesting to speak to the iTunes Store Staff. Show them what happened by screensharing what you see. This will allow them to see this up from your perspective.

Contact Apple:

and...

E. Contact your Financial Institution:

Contact your Financial Institution (i.e. bank), and see if you need to cancel something (i.e. your card or a transaction).

iphone hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.