Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud photos lack of transfer

Hello, so I used to share an Apple ID with my sister for years so l of our photos were stored together under that account and on iCloud. I decided to get a new Apple ID, and when I did all my photos were still on my phone. Then two months later I got a new phone, and completed the standard phone content transfer and now I only have about 100 photos from about 14,000. The photos say they are on my phone but show up gray and aren’t accessible. If I log onto my old Apple ID account on iCloud all my photos are still there. I’ve tried all the methods suggested on forms and websites and even bought the software phone trans, but it only transfers the same 100 photos and not the other 14,000. Help): I have seven years of memories gone

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 3:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2021 11:53 PM

In your previous old iPhone the photos are still there as photos box is always turned as on Use iCloud Photos on iPhone - Apple Support

After that you decide to get a new Apple ID and password on new iPhone say example1@gmail.com so the syncing between two phones stopped .

From your old iPhone say the Apple ID is different example2@yahoo.com you can still share photos from albums to new iPhone Share iPhone photos with Shared Albums in iCloud - Apple Support

The email address of the person , contact details must be added in both iPhones Add and use contact information on iPhone - Apple Support

The mail accounts should be also set up Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts - Apple Support

You have to subscribe the mail received , the photos will be shared .

Note : uninstall the unknown app / software phone trans from an iPhone Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 8, 2021 11:53 PM in response to ckellar345

In your previous old iPhone the photos are still there as photos box is always turned as on Use iCloud Photos on iPhone - Apple Support

After that you decide to get a new Apple ID and password on new iPhone say example1@gmail.com so the syncing between two phones stopped .

From your old iPhone say the Apple ID is different example2@yahoo.com you can still share photos from albums to new iPhone Share iPhone photos with Shared Albums in iCloud - Apple Support

The email address of the person , contact details must be added in both iPhones Add and use contact information on iPhone - Apple Support

The mail accounts should be also set up Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Set up mail, contacts, and calendar accounts - Apple Support

You have to subscribe the mail received , the photos will be shared .

Note : uninstall the unknown app / software phone trans from an iPhone Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

iCloud photos lack of transfer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.