Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

After Big Sur Update, I am having issues with the Dock popping up Into my applications

After updating to Big Sur, I am having issues with the Dock popping up into the Microsoft Applications when they are in full screen mode. The Dock only pops up when I am trying to click on or select the buttons located in the lower left or right hand portion of the application (e.g., the zoom buttons or the outline button). The Dock appears almost instantly when I move the mouse down there to click on those buttons whereas before you used to have to move the mouse all the way to the bottom of the screen and leave it there for a few seconds to get the Dock to pop up. I have checked and I do not have "Automatically hide and show the Dock" selected/checked in the Dock & Menu Bar preferences. However, with testing this issue still occurs when "Automatically hide and show the Dock" is selected.

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 8:07 AM

4 replies

Apr 13, 2021 8:24 AM in response to PRP_53

Thanks. After messing around a bit with the magnification settings I found out that deselecting magnification and setting the value to is absolute minimum helped the issue quite a bit, but I still have to very careful moving my mouse down to the bottom of the screen. If I move it there with any kind of speed and overshoot the buttons the Dock still pops up almost instantaneously.

Apr 13, 2021 1:51 PM in response to Buzz87

You can also make the Dock Smaller and thusly occupy less space on the Desktop. In you picture Trash and Downloads Icons - follow me. Notice a Vertical Bar between the Downloads Icon and the next Icon to its' left. That is the bar. If you click and hold that click - you can make to Dock smaller or larger. The same thing can be done in System Preferences >> Dock and choose to do the same and see the Dock getting smaller or larger.

After Big Sur Update, I am having issues with the Dock popping up Into my applications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.