Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification Failed

Getting a verification failed when trying to update apps on my daughters iPhone.

I have even gone through the steps to use a different data connection and also to reset the password.

Neither steps work.

It keeps saying verification failed. Apple ID or password is incorrect.

Her Apple ID is set on the phone and has t changed (I have checked myself).

The password I changed and typed it in correctly but still get the same verification failed.

Can I get someone from Apple Support to check the system to see if there is an error somewhere on her account?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 1:42 PM

Hey there Raelik69,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're seeing a message that the Apple ID or password is incorrect. We're happy to provide some assistance.

Have you ever used a different Apple ID on this device to download apps? If so, you would need to use that Apple ID in order to update those apps. Otherwise, you can uninstall and reinstall those apps using the new Apple ID.

If you never used another Apple ID on this device, try resetting the password:

If you forgot your Apple ID password

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 1:42 PM in response to Raelik69

Hey there Raelik69,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We understand that you're seeing a message that the Apple ID or password is incorrect. We're happy to provide some assistance.

Have you ever used a different Apple ID on this device to download apps? If so, you would need to use that Apple ID in order to update those apps. Otherwise, you can uninstall and reinstall those apps using the new Apple ID.

If you never used another Apple ID on this device, try resetting the password:

If you forgot your Apple ID password

We hope this helps.

Have a great day!

Verification Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.