Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 11" causes strain within a couple minutes of usage

I saw some old threads in which it was shared that iPad Pro strains the eyes and causes fatigue. I've been experiencing this to the extent that within minutes of using the device, I get a major headache. I've had no issue with any of the previous iPad models, or with any of my other Apple devices (macbook air; iPhone 11). I've tried dark mode and reducing white point but that doesn't really help.

Is anyone else experiencing this? Do you have any suggestions? Thank you for your time!

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Apr 9, 2021 9:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 2:38 AM

What about simply reducing the screen brightness?

OR

in the Settings app, under Accessibility, Motion, toggle ON, the Reduce Motion setting to reduce all of the iPad's animated motion graphics.

Also, I will add, you may need to seek out a doctor/eye doctor, as well.

6 replies

Apr 11, 2021 12:09 AM in response to BhavyaS1

When Apple first introduced all of these iOS based UI animated motion graphics, back in earlier versions of iOS/iPadOS, a lot of users were complaining not just about headaches, but dizziness, queasiness and general feelings of motion sickness.

So, I took a stab at this to see if that was causing all of your issues.

Usually, most users experience all these symptoms over a longer period of sustained use of their iPads.

Since you complained that this was happening to you in a much shorter period of time and use, I really had no way of knowing if all the animated motion graphics was the cause of your immediate headaches, or not.

Glad that this has helped you with being able to use your iPad again.

Stay Well...Be Well!

Michel

iPad Pro 11" causes strain within a couple minutes of usage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.