Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there iBoot firmware on my iPhone 11???

Can anyone explain to me how this got on my analytic data??? I read this just a min ago,

“On 1st February, 2014, iH8sn0w found a very powerful iBoot exploit that allows any iDevice with an A5 or A5X chip to be jailbroken, regardless of the iOS version. He used it mainly to grab AES decryption keys. However, according to this tweet from winocm, the exploit will never go public. Once he cleans it up a bit, the decryption keys will be available here. He mentioned here that it will work on A6 and A7 chips soon, but it will require some minor modifications.”

This is the data on my iphone 11-

timestamp: 1618033507307

crashReporterKey: "cb590bac08c191989ac94784e2389e21e6f81937"

isAnonymous: true

deviceConfigId: 6507

investigationId: 0

model: "iPhone12,1"

softwareBuild: "18D70"

firmwareVersion: "iBoot-6723.80.19"

basebandVersion: "2.03.04"

buildtype: "User"

tz_offset: -21600

metric_file_type: 1

metriclogs {

triggerTime: 1618033502283

triggerId: 3973469

profileId: 254

kCellularSimInfo {

timestamp: 1618033502314

volt_supported_bitmask: 6

clk_used: FREQ_4_875_MHZ

volt_used: VOLT_CLASS_C

issuer_id: [7 bytes] 98 10 14 30 72 23 48

atr: [21 bytes] 3b 9e 95 80 1f c7 80 31 e0 73 fe 21 1b 66 d0 02 17 02 13 00 07

plmn: [3 bytes] 13 00 14

num_ehplmn: 0

subs_id: 0

}

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 12:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2021 10:24 PM

I would love to know as well. Regardless of how it got there, I would take to Apple store and have them restore it for you. I have had an experience where my computers at home had intrusion, firmware issue type. I would just watch what you plug your device into, what computers you trust etc- when in doubt, restore. I keep everything important encrypted or off my devices at this point. The Yahoo issue- that happened to me a few times and w/FB on my XSMax, XR, 11, etc -it was reading as a MACOSX as well. My opinion won’t hold much weight as I don’t frequent here. I am personally not a fan of yahoo from experience I only use proton mail start mail or hush mail. After you lose access to banks and/or medical data you realize how important your data is. If you don’t get a response I recommend other places (forum/apps) to ask people as every time I get into some of the experiences I have had with a few of my devices my posts are deleted.

Best of luck to you! And I hope you find the answer your looking for or that will be most beneficial. PS restore:) restore

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2021 10:24 PM in response to nik191

I would love to know as well. Regardless of how it got there, I would take to Apple store and have them restore it for you. I have had an experience where my computers at home had intrusion, firmware issue type. I would just watch what you plug your device into, what computers you trust etc- when in doubt, restore. I keep everything important encrypted or off my devices at this point. The Yahoo issue- that happened to me a few times and w/FB on my XSMax, XR, 11, etc -it was reading as a MACOSX as well. My opinion won’t hold much weight as I don’t frequent here. I am personally not a fan of yahoo from experience I only use proton mail start mail or hush mail. After you lose access to banks and/or medical data you realize how important your data is. If you don’t get a response I recommend other places (forum/apps) to ask people as every time I get into some of the experiences I have had with a few of my devices my posts are deleted.

Best of luck to you! And I hope you find the answer your looking for or that will be most beneficial. PS restore:) restore

Why is there iBoot firmware on my iPhone 11???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.