Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pasteing into Apple Mail

I'm unable to paste into the text area of an email in Apple Mail on a mid 2014 Macbook Pro. I am using OS 13. Oddly, I CAN paste into the subject line or any other line. I have already reset my disk permissions using diskutil in Terminal. I am also able to paste in other applications. The final wrinkle is that when I try to paste something into the text area, it seems to insert a blank line or two. This started "out of the blue". Any ideas?

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 10:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 11:02 AM

Safe Boot, (holding Shift key down at startup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode? Could take 10 minutes.

Safe mode attempts to repair Disks & clears lots of caches & loads safe Drivers, & prevents loading of 3rd party extensions, so if Safe Mode works try again in regular boot.

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 11, 2021 8:08 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi,

Yes, a good suggestion. In this case, though, it looks like I have some corrupt characters in the Word document. I had not been very thorough in my diagnostics, in terms of trying to copy and paste other documents. When I copied the text into TextEdit, it worked, then I was able to copy it to an email. Other Word documents copied fine.

In any case, thanks for your suggestion.

Pasteing into Apple Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.