Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mail 15.0 Problem with Insert Attachments at End Option

Hi,

On Monterey 12.1 (MBOOK Pro 2021 14" M1 Pro)

Mac mail 15.0

I clicked this button ONCE to be able to make the attached items that I dragged into an email go to the bottom.

I hated it and went back.

Much to my surprise now it always goes to the bottom.

So every time I send an email I have to click on "Insert Attachments to End" to turn it on and then click it again to turn it off to be able to insert the attachment where I want.

On...every.....single.....email. What a nightmare.

Is this a known problem?

How can it be fixed?

Thanks in advance for all the help.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 12.1

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2022 2:46 PM

Try booting to Safe Mode. That boot up takes minutes and clears caches and other things that may resolve your problem.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

A lot of times just boot to Safe Mode followed by normal boot resolves problems.

For me, the ⎷ for putting attachments at the end always remains checked.

4 replies

Feb 3, 2022 12:31 PM in response to hostosfq

You profile said you are on 12.1. 12.2 was release Jan 26 so update if not already on 12.2

Download and run this app so we can find more information about your installation.

https://etrecheck.com/upgrade

It shows what is launched and other information and is very useful in finding causes of problems. After you first launch the app make sure you check Enable full disk access in the box in lower left.

After running the app use the app's feature to paste to clipboard. Then paste it in the text box for a reply in this forum click on the addition text icon. This is because the normal reply text box limits how much you can type.

No personal identifiable information is contained if the app output. The app was written for a person who is contributor to these Apple Support Communities

You can also try download Monterey from the App store and reinstalling it over the current installation. Make sure you have a backup first.

Mac Mail 15.0 Problem with Insert Attachments at End Option

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.