Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Working with 2 computers one on High Sierra and other Big Sur

Hi I am wondering if I upgrade to Big Sur (iMac27) and have a MacBook pro on high sierra which officially is as far as it can go in OS. Can these computers share files? What other issues might I have using the two computers?

Thank you in advance for your attention

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 3:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 4:58 PM

If running iCloud on both and using the same Apple ID - no issues. Running Big Sur on New MBA M1 - Catalina in Late 2012 iMac and High Sierra on Mac mini 2011 - everything in iCloud all sync fine here.

4 replies

Apr 10, 2021 5:55 PM in response to azubes

FWIW, i have a 2008 MacBook running OSX lion that i mostly use as an automotive code reader and portable dvd player and i can plug in a USB stick that i use on my iMac wth big sur and can share just about everything with the MacBook. documents, iBooks, music files, etc. i can also use the majority of my EHD's in the same manner. about the only thing i can't share are any video files. the QT player on the MacBook is too old to work with the videos on my EHD's.

Working with 2 computers one on High Sierra and other Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.