Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! - App Store crashes immediately on opening

My daughter's iMac. App Store crashes immediately.

Please see attached crash screenshot and report

I've tried in safe mode - still crashes

I've tried as a new user - aslo crashes

I've run first aid - still crashes

I've deleted the App Store caches - still crashes

Help! Anyone have a suggestion?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 5:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 5:32 PM

Hi,

You've done an excellent job troubleshooting this problem. Here are some more things you can try:

• Restart your Mac by choosing Apple menu > Restart.
  • Disconnect any peripheral devices you just connected (for example, a printer). They may not be compatible with your version of macOS.
  • Uninstall any app plug-ins or enhancements from other manufacturers.
  • If you recently updated the app or macOS, a plug-in or enhancement you installed may no longer be compatible.
  • Diagnose problems with your Mac to learn whether hardware you installed, such as additional memory, is incompatible, improperly installed, or defective.
  • Worst case scenario - Reinstall macOS. It reinstalls the operating system and leaves everything else alone. I believe it will reinstall the app store and other built-in apps as well.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 10, 2021 5:32 PM in response to RonEdwards

Hi,

You've done an excellent job troubleshooting this problem. Here are some more things you can try:

• Restart your Mac by choosing Apple menu > Restart.
  • Disconnect any peripheral devices you just connected (for example, a printer). They may not be compatible with your version of macOS.
  • Uninstall any app plug-ins or enhancements from other manufacturers.
  • If you recently updated the app or macOS, a plug-in or enhancement you installed may no longer be compatible.
  • Diagnose problems with your Mac to learn whether hardware you installed, such as additional memory, is incompatible, improperly installed, or defective.
  • Worst case scenario - Reinstall macOS. It reinstalls the operating system and leaves everything else alone. I believe it will reinstall the app store and other built-in apps as well.

Help! - App Store crashes immediately on opening

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.