Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

M1 Mac Mini only gives a lower resolution 1280 x 800 dpi or less on a a 30" DVI Apple Cinema HD display.

With my previous mac mini I was able to use an old 30" Apple Cinema HD at high (acceptable and very clear) resolutions using a thunderbolt (1) to DVI adapter. the new M1 Mac Mini did not recognize it when I used a thunderbolt to thunderbolt 3 adapter so I purchased a thunderbolt three to dual port dvi adapter. Now it connects but at really crap resolution with no higher resolution selectable just one other one level worse resolution selectable.

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 5:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2021 5:38 PM

Go to the Display Preference, hold the Alt (option) key while clicking on the Scaled button and see if a higher resolution is offered.

If not,

1. What TB 3/USB-C to DVI-D adapter are you using?
  2. Do you have one of Apple’s older HDMI to DVI adapters that you can try out?

Similar questions

2 replies

M1 Mac Mini only gives a lower resolution 1280 x 800 dpi or less on a a 30" DVI Apple Cinema HD display.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.