Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random Sleep every minute in Windows 7 while under full load

I have a MacBook Pro 15" Early 2011 with the HD 6750M 1GB GDDR5 GPU working, and since yesterday my MacBook sleeps every minute after playing games which max out the GPU and put load on the gpu,

after pressing the power button it wakes up for another minute, and will sleep again, but when normally in windows 7 it doesnt do this, Mac OS High Sierra doesnt have this problem as well even under full load,

the temps are really high despite having clean fans and new arctic mx4 thermal paste,

100C on the i7-2720QM and 81C on HD 6750M.

Power plans modifications didnt solve this problem.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 5:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 7:55 AM

Your GPU had a recall program which has ended in 2016. See https://www.macrumors.com/2017/05/20/apple-ends-2011-macbook-pro-repair-program/ for details.

There are known issues with the recalled models which are related to thermal and manufacturing issues. The high temperatures will cause the hardware to protect itself. The GPUs in Mac laptops are 'mobile', not 'desktop' GPUs. Gaming can be a challenge for such Macs.

You may need to look for a Logic Board replacement from used Macs which were repaired under the recall, to see if it addresses your issues.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 7:55 AM in response to Andreas-TheAppleUser

Your GPU had a recall program which has ended in 2016. See https://www.macrumors.com/2017/05/20/apple-ends-2011-macbook-pro-repair-program/ for details.

There are known issues with the recalled models which are related to thermal and manufacturing issues. The high temperatures will cause the hardware to protect itself. The GPUs in Mac laptops are 'mobile', not 'desktop' GPUs. Gaming can be a challenge for such Macs.

You may need to look for a Logic Board replacement from used Macs which were repaired under the recall, to see if it addresses your issues.

Random Sleep every minute in Windows 7 while under full load

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.