Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV free year

Hi, recently got a new iPhone and just learned that a years subscription comes free with it. I can’t find the option for the free year and think I’ve accidentally subscribed for a month which is going to cost me £4.99. What can I do to fix this? I don’t want to pay a monthly fee when it’s supposed to be free.

iPhone SE, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 8:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 10:37 AM

When you redeemed the offer, you would have clicked/tapped on “Enjoy 1 Year Free”. Then you would have received an subscription confirmation email, with all the details, including the duration of the trial period.

Once you have the subscription, it may be listed with “(1 Month)” in the description. This signifies the billing period after the trial: monthly (instead of annual). The ”Next billing date” will tell you how long before the billing starts, and thus the duration of the free trial.

If an error was made in subscribing, then only assistance from the Apple Support staff can possibly help: Get support.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 10:37 AM in response to Webby79

When you redeemed the offer, you would have clicked/tapped on “Enjoy 1 Year Free”. Then you would have received an subscription confirmation email, with all the details, including the duration of the trial period.

Once you have the subscription, it may be listed with “(1 Month)” in the description. This signifies the billing period after the trial: monthly (instead of annual). The ”Next billing date” will tell you how long before the billing starts, and thus the duration of the free trial.

If an error was made in subscribing, then only assistance from the Apple Support staff can possibly help: Get support.

Apple TV free year

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.