Related Article: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way to stop certain apps from using airplay?

I have had my Apple TV for a few months now and during my work day I play music through it. It changes on how I turn the music on, my iPhone, iPad or the tv itself. Today I was playing through my iPhone and it started playing audio from a video on my phone from a social media app automatically. I wasn’t even watching the video it just happened to appear in my feed. Anyway to stop this from happening? I have never streamed from these apps to my Apple tv

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 2:11 PM

Obviously that’s not true since it did it to me today. I did not tell my phone to send the audio of the video to my tv nor to play the video on my TV.

I found the solution on my own. My airplay settings were set to automatically airplay from my phone if the app had the capability if it was on the same network and the TV was on. I changed this to have to ask me if I want it to stream.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 11, 2021 2:11 PM in response to taylormark1234

Obviously that’s not true since it did it to me today. I did not tell my phone to send the audio of the video to my tv nor to play the video on my TV.

I found the solution on my own. My airplay settings were set to automatically airplay from my phone if the app had the capability if it was on the same network and the TV was on. I changed this to have to ask me if I want it to stream.

Is there a way to stop certain apps from using airplay?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.