Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Verification number

How can I change my verification number

iPhone 6

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 12:14 PM

6 replies

Apr 11, 2021 12:53 PM in response to Kingskeywills

Kingskeywills Said:

"Verification number: How can I change my verification number"

-------

Contact Apple Support:

Contact Apple Support - they'll know what's going on and will run you through the fix. Try a trial login and log out session, while on the phone with the Apple Rep. That way, you do not lose the call.

Apple Support Info:

Why the Wait:

Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

Also,,,,

Screenshare with the Apple Rep:

To easily work this out with the Apple Rep screenshare the camera of your iPhone and that of your Mac. Ask a friend, or family member if you may use their phone, if you do not have one handy. Doing so, the Apple Rep will be able to see the firsthand from your perspective.

Learn more at these links: 

Apr 11, 2021 2:26 PM in response to Kingskeywills

You are welcome.

Create a new ID (if necessary) and sign into iCloud using the same Apple ID on another Apple device/computer. You should then be able to sign in.

The maximum number of free accounts have been activated

Apple ID - create a new.      

Apple ID – Create        

Apple ID - Could Not Create or Could Not Set Up iCloud message.    

Or contact Apple ID Support.  See the Apple Support articles below for contact information.  

Apple ID - Official Apple Support.    

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support.   (Link doesn’t always load)  

Get Support          Work through the screens to get a chat option. You may have to pick a slightly different problem.

Apple Support schedule phone call

https://twitter.com/AppleSupport.          People have posted it may take an hour or more to get a response.

Apr 11, 2021 2:36 PM in response to Kingskeywills

You are welcome. You need to change/add the number on your Apple ID. After the change, allow up to 24 hours for the change to sync. Before trying to make the change, sign out of Messages/FaceTime on all devices/computers.

Apple ID - Manage

See if anything here helps.  If necessary, you can use account recovery as explained in the link at bottom of the article.

Verification code - how to get one and sign in with two-factor authentication.   

Verification number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.