Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Erasing/deleting fake calendar entries.

I inherited several fake calendar entries from a web site today, and I can’t delete them. How do you delete those kinds of entries?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Apr 11, 2021 4:10 PM

3 replies

Apr 12, 2021 3:47 PM in response to USAFA68

The problem that you describe is very easy to resolve.

It is highly probable that an inadvertent click on a website link has “subscribed” an additional (unwanted) Calendar to your device - and this unexpected Calendar is exposing unwanted calendar events or sending you unexpected “virus” or other warnings. 

Given that infecting a non-jailbroken iPad/iPhone with actual malware is incredibly difficult, this technique is employed by malicious Actors to fool or encourage you into doing something untoward - more often than not, parting with personal or financial information leading to fraud or attempted extortion.

You need to check for what’s out of place...

Settings > Passwords and Accounts

Look for an “account” that shouldn’t be in the list of accounts - as this will likely include the Calendar that contains all the unwanted events. When you find the suspect account, tap - then select Delete Account. This should resolve the problem in its entirety.

I hope you find this helpful in finding the source - and in resolving the issue if an unexpected Calendar is found

Erasing/deleting fake calendar entries.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.