Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar Invitations Not Available

Some CALDAV calendars do not allow invitations, even with settings identical to my calendar that does allow invitations. Why?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 11.2

Posted on Apr 12, 2021 9:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 11:57 AM

This was a CalDAV calendar on the iCloud, with no other mail server dependencies.

This was one CalDAV calendar with all settings identical to the other CalDAV calendars on my iCloud account.

A few days ago, I discovered that, unlike its many years of service, it had ceased offering the invitation function for new events. Newly created calendars on that account operated normally.

Phone support session was fine. Session lasted one hour 46 minutes.

Much of the time was taken with attempting to start Safe Mode. We deleted several System/Library and User/Library plists. No joy.

The next recommended step was to have been reinstalling the OS. Not interested in burning down the village for an issue this size, I suggested exporting all the events on the problem calendar, then importing them to a new calendar.

That worked.

We did not determine the root cause.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 11:57 AM in response to srlawton53

This was a CalDAV calendar on the iCloud, with no other mail server dependencies.

This was one CalDAV calendar with all settings identical to the other CalDAV calendars on my iCloud account.

A few days ago, I discovered that, unlike its many years of service, it had ceased offering the invitation function for new events. Newly created calendars on that account operated normally.

Phone support session was fine. Session lasted one hour 46 minutes.

Much of the time was taken with attempting to start Safe Mode. We deleted several System/Library and User/Library plists. No joy.

The next recommended step was to have been reinstalling the OS. Not interested in burning down the village for an issue this size, I suggested exporting all the events on the problem calendar, then importing them to a new calendar.

That worked.

We did not determine the root cause.

Apr 13, 2021 6:16 PM in response to srlawton53

Hello srlawton53,

It appears you have some questions about being able to send invitations from calendars. Here is some information that may help.

The type of server the calendar is being stored on can effect whether invitations can be sent. If using an iPhone, more information is available here: Send and receive invitations in Calendar on iPhone - Apple Support.

If using a Mac, look at the information provided here: Invite people to events in Calendar on Mac - Apple Support

Cheers.

Calendar Invitations Not Available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.