Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Capsule won't mount on MacBook via USB B to USB C cable

Hi there

My old Macbook died, and when I bought a new one, I couldn't restore it from my Time Capsule. Instead the new MacBook backed itself up as a new computer.

I would like to access the previous MacBook backup, but when I connect the Time Capsule directly to the new Macbook using a USB B tto USB C cable, the Time Capsule doesn't mount in Finder or on the Desktop.

New Mac OS = Big Sur

Old Mac Os = Catlina (Jazz)

Any and help very gratefully recieved

Wolfgang

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 1:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 3:47 AM

The USB port of the TC cannot be used for connection.. (Only Printers and Hard disks are supported) Use either Ethernet via adapter or wifi.

Once you have access you can use Migration Assistant.. as long as the new computer has sufficient space.

(I am pretty sure you mean USB A .. B is the old square socket on Printers etc.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 13, 2021 3:47 AM in response to email.Chris.Wild

The USB port of the TC cannot be used for connection.. (Only Printers and Hard disks are supported) Use either Ethernet via adapter or wifi.

Once you have access you can use Migration Assistant.. as long as the new computer has sufficient space.

(I am pretty sure you mean USB A .. B is the old square socket on Printers etc.

Time Capsule won't mount on MacBook via USB B to USB C cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.