Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone volume

My sound is gone and my mic too. I can’t hear anything and my volume bar didn’t show up when i use the volume button. When I tried to use the volume slider from control centre it’s stuck i can’t do anything. HELP!!!

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 2:08 AM

1 reply

Apr 14, 2021 8:06 AM in response to tobiofy

Hello tobiofy,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities! We understand your microphone on the iPhone isn't working. We know it's important for your microphone to work expected in order to keep in touch with others. We're happy to assist you with this.

Let's check your settings to make sure they are correct. Navigate to Settings > Sounds & Haptics > (Turn on) Change with Buttons. Does this allow the volume slider to show properly?

Next make sure your iPhone is up-to-date: Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Test your microphone in the voice memos app, to make sure it works: Use the Voice Memos app

Best Regards.

iphone volume

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.