You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech Slim Folio Keys Stopped Working

Hi,

I use the logitech slim folio pro paired with my ipad pro (Soft version 14.4.2) almost daily and I've experienced some keys stopped working as I was typing, respectively a, c, f, 1, 5, 8, 9 and the space bar! I keep the device and keyboard in very good condition and charge the keyboard once every 2 months, as recommended.

This is the 4th time these keys stopped typing and usualy does not take long to go back to normal, however it did not recover this time and it's been hours. The keys stopped responding to light touch and required more and more pressure to activate, as they did each time, until there was no response at all.

I have tried, in this order, unpairing the keyboard from the ipad, restarting the ipad, restarting the keyboard (long press home and pair keys), pairing the keyboard to another device (keys responded for a few minutes then the same thing happened) and then back again to the ipad, keys responded again for a few minutes and ever since have stopped working.

I see this issue is reoccuring to more people and there hasn't been an update on solving this.

Who should I contact? Is there anything I can do to at least reactive them for a little while? Thank you.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 1:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 3, 2021 4:50 PM

I have the exact same issue, which essentially renders the slim combo useless…. May I remind Apple that this is a software issue caused by Apple, not by Logitech, hence Apple needs to repair this bug with an update immediately! It is quite suspicious that the appearance of these problems affecting so many users benefits Apple with potential hardware sales when customers for external keyboards become dissatisfied with Apple’s competitors…. Apple tech support, please respond with what steps you are taking to resolve this issue, and not just send a link for tech support with Logitech…

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 3, 2021 4:50 PM in response to Yvei11

I have the exact same issue, which essentially renders the slim combo useless…. May I remind Apple that this is a software issue caused by Apple, not by Logitech, hence Apple needs to repair this bug with an update immediately! It is quite suspicious that the appearance of these problems affecting so many users benefits Apple with potential hardware sales when customers for external keyboards become dissatisfied with Apple’s competitors…. Apple tech support, please respond with what steps you are taking to resolve this issue, and not just send a link for tech support with Logitech…

May 8, 2021 9:04 PM in response to Yvei11

I am having the same problem! Got the slim folio pro 2 yrs ago and started having problems after one year. It was initially inconsistent pairing, but recently some keys stopped working. I tried forgetting the keyboard from my device list and restarting and updating the software and everything. Now, my keyboard won’t pair even after I type in the code and press enter. The LED indicator won’t light up after I press the battery key but my keyboard backlight still works if you press any key so I’m not sure if this is battery related. This has rendered my keyboard case useless and this is too expensive for just a 2 yr run!

May 9, 2021 8:39 AM in response to Yvei11

I am having the same issue with my Logitech Slim Combo for iPad Pro. It started after a late April update. Definitely a software issue on Apple’s end, as I have two of these keyboards and the problem is consistent across both or them. My keyboard was purchased through Apple’s website, and has worked like a champ until this update. Now it is useless.

Apple please fix this issue with Logitech keyboards! You sold it to me and now you have broken it.

Logitech Slim Folio Keys Stopped Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.