You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Logitech Slim Folio Keys Stopped Working

Renewing the following question from another user which has not been answered yet:

Question:

Q:

Hi,

I use the logitech slim folio pro paired with my ipad pro (now Soft version 14.7.1) almost daily and I've experienced some keys stopped working as I was typing, respectively a, c, f, 1, 5, 8, 9 and the space bar! I keep the device and keyboard in very good condition and charge the keyboard once every 2 months, as recommended.

This is the 4th time these keys stopped typing and usualy does not take long to go back to normal, however it did not recover this time and it's been hours. The keys stopped responding to light touch and required more and more pressure to activate, as they did each time, until there was no response at all.

I have tried, in this order, unpairing the keyboard from the ipad, restarting the ipad, restarting the keyboard (long press home and pair keys), pairing the keyboard to another device (keys responded for a few minutes then the same thing happened) and then back again to the ipad, keys responded again for a few minutes and ever since have stopped working.

I see this issue is reoccuring to more people and there hasn't been an update on solving this.

Who should I contact? Is there anything I can do to at least reactive them for a little while? Thank you.

Posted on Aug 27, 2021 9:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 28, 2021 2:31 PM

It appears that you will be better served if you spoke to Apple Support directly.

FYIThese are user-only forums made up of folks like you and me. You are not speaking to Apple. if you need to speak with Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  ➔  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

Axel F.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 28, 2021 2:31 PM in response to hamelr

It appears that you will be better served if you spoke to Apple Support directly.

FYIThese are user-only forums made up of folks like you and me. You are not speaking to Apple. if you need to speak with Apple Support, then contact product and tech support:  ➔  Contacting Apple for support and service including international calling numbers.

Axel F.

Aug 27, 2021 9:50 PM in response to hamelr

The ➔ Logitech Slim Folio Pro is manufactured and sold by Logitech. You paired this keyboard to another device and experienced the same behavior from it. This tells me that the Logitech Slim Folio Pro is failing and is therefore defective.

I believe that the best responses to your concern/question can be obtained by contacting ➔ Logitech Support.

Axel F.

Aug 28, 2021 10:05 AM in response to Axel Foley

The device has only been paired to the second generation iPad Pro 12.9 inch. Previously worked fine, now within the last few months there are several key is that no longer work. Seems like other users have the same issue, and seems unlikely that it’s a hardware issue if multiple users are having issues with the same key is not responding within the last few months. Unfortunately, logitech just told me the item was out of warranty and basically I’m on my own. Appreciate your help, though it sounds like my options are very limited at this time.

iPad Logitech Slim Folio Keys Stopped Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.