Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email was rejected because of DMARC policy

I use iCloud for person emails and I have noticed lately that some messages that were sent to me were never delivered. I have received some letters from financial sites to say that an email to be was undelivered, and I recently did not receive an activation code from my state's COVID immunization site. I managed to track that last one down and discovered that iCloud reject the email because of he sender's DMARC policy.

Does anyone know how to resolve this problem, and if Apple's email filtering may be too restrictive in this respect? I assume that the COVID emails are successfully sent to many other sites.

Posted on Apr 13, 2021 1:49 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 14, 2021 12:46 PM in response to Nicholas_B2

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately these suggestions are not helpful because the nature of the problem, which is that iCloud mail is rejecting some email messages due to DMARC policies, and is not something that I can fix myself.

Specifically, the bounced email contained this error:

554 5.7.1 Your message was rejected due to notices.nh.gov's DMARC policy. See https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204137

Now one could argue that the NH state site that send the message isn't configured properly, but I am sure that they successfully send email to many other systems. So I wonder if the iCloud filtering is too strict to be practical.

Apr 14, 2021 10:52 AM in response to deh2k

Hello, deh2k!

From your post, it sounds like you are having issues with receiving emails to your iCloud email address. We're glad that you reached out to the Apple Support Communities. We want to try and help get you pointed in the right direction.

Check out the information and steps on the following Apple Support pages:

If you follow these steps and still have an issue with your iCloud email, you'll want to Contact Apple for support and service. We hope this information helps you out.

Best wishes!

Email was rejected because of DMARC policy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.