Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi! I need to buy storage for my iPhone but from my computer. my phone won't turn on.

My phone randomly shut off overnight, and then when I rebooted it, the screen only had the apple logo and would not turn on. I plugged it into my computer and It says support. apple.com/iphone/restore. I do not have enough space I need 4.00 GB but I only have 1 GB available. What do I do to restore it without losing data?

iPhone 11, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 10:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 10:37 AM

Your post is a bit confusing.

1. Restoration does not require any free space on the iPhone.
  2. iCloud storage is separate and independent of your phone's storage and buying more of it, will not increase your iPhone's local capacity.
  3. Restoring by definition will wipe the iPhone clean so all data will be lost. Unless you have an iCloud or iTunes backup, there is no way now to recover your data. Your data on the iPhone is already lost at this point.
  4. You can try to reboot your iPhone and see if it will correctly boot up by following the steps here: link-> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support
    1. This will not delete your data from the iPhone, but may not let you access it wither if it cannot correctly reboot.
  5. If the previous option does not work, then you will need to restore the iPhone as explained here: link-> If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restoring the iPhone will delete all data from the iPhone. If you don't have a backup, there will be no way to get it back.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2021 10:37 AM in response to Nina_padro914

Your post is a bit confusing.

1. Restoration does not require any free space on the iPhone.
  2. iCloud storage is separate and independent of your phone's storage and buying more of it, will not increase your iPhone's local capacity.
  3. Restoring by definition will wipe the iPhone clean so all data will be lost. Unless you have an iCloud or iTunes backup, there is no way now to recover your data. Your data on the iPhone is already lost at this point.
  4. You can try to reboot your iPhone and see if it will correctly boot up by following the steps here: link-> If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support
    1. This will not delete your data from the iPhone, but may not let you access it wither if it cannot correctly reboot.
  5. If the previous option does not work, then you will need to restore the iPhone as explained here: link-> If you see the Restore screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Restoring the iPhone will delete all data from the iPhone. If you don't have a backup, there will be no way to get it back.

Hi! I need to buy storage for my iPhone but from my computer. my phone won't turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.