Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App Store Won’t Let Me Log In or Download Apps

New iPad and New Apple ID. When I tried to download an app it asked me to log in, which I did. That part was successful. But when I tried to download the app, it said my Apple ID had never been used in the iTunes Store. I was asked to login again to review something by entering my Apple ID and password. The prompt only shows a place to enter a password. When I enter the password, I get stuck in a loop that just keeps asking me to sign in to review and enter password and ID.

I’ve had this iPad since December 2020. It is essentially useless to me. How can I get beyond this. Had my previous iPad for years with no issues... until I was hacked through messages and my Apple ID (email) was hijacked. I’ve never recovered the email or rescue emails connected with it. I had to trash the device since Apple would help and everyone else said they couldn’t help. This time it feels like Apple is doing a number to me.

I have already signed on to my Apple ID and check all settings; restarted the iPad, etc. I think the issue is I DON’T have a computer (with iTunes). I believed the “iPad is your next computer” hype. For every issue I’ve encountered, Apple suggest using a computer to solve it. If I had known, I would have just bought a computer instead of an iPad.

So is my only recourse to sell this iPad and get a device that is actually functional? What can I do to get beyond this?

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 11:59 AM

Hey Rezen1,

It sounds like you're having an issue signing into the App Store on your iPad. We can understand wanting to get that resolved.

We'd recommend trying the steps in this article: If you can't connect to the App Store, iTunes Store, or other Apple services

Thanks!

Similar questions

1 reply

App Store Won’t Let Me Log In or Download Apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.