Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Save to files is not showing as an option on iPad

When I try to save a downloaded document I do not get the option to save to my iCloud Drive where I save all of my business documents nor did it give me an options to ‘save to files’ at all. I have iCloud turned on on my iPad along with all the app options to ‘ON’.

Am I missing anything?

iPad Air 3, iPadOS 14

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 4:46 PM

15 replies

Apr 15, 2021 6:33 AM in response to Ctables

So that I understand what’s happening here...

The following images are from Safari on iOS 14.4.2 on an iPhone, with a tab open on an Apple PDF.

This iPhone also has iCloud Drive enabled in Settings > Apple ID > iCloud > iCloud Drive ✅

After tapping the share button.... you’re either not getting Save to File (highlighted below), or you are but the Save to File doesn’t list the contents of iCloud Drive?

Or if you do... you don’t get the following option when you do select Save to File?

And unrelated to the above... this might also be helpful than taking a photo of an iPhone display: Take a screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Apr 15, 2021 11:33 AM in response to Ctables

Was this a new iPad from Apple or an authorized distributor, or was this a new-to-you iPad? If it was new-to-you, was it reset, and then set up with your Apple ID?

Check for iPadOS updates, too. 14.4.2 is current.

And for the sequence being tested, are you trying to save (for instance) a PDF, or some other format, or an HTML page? HTML doesn’t get a save option. A PDF file does. This should work consistently with how your iPhone behaves, though.

[I find it best to avoid add-on VPN clients, as they don’t provide what many might expect, and they do provide what many might not want, and all VPNs inherently mess with network routing. If you don’t have one, it can’t cause comms problems.]

Save to files is not showing as an option on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.