Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My new iPhone is stuck in settings

New iPhone is stuck in settings. Says continue but nothing. I’ve turned off & on zip nothing. Thank you.

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 14, 2021 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 12:25 AM

Try a forced restart https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios

If that fails and if this is indeed a brand new phone then take it back under warranty or use your free apple technical support

Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support

If this is a new-to-you but pre-owned phone then see the process below. Work all through it.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

There is no guarantee you can save any data since your last backup

If it fails more than 3 times seek a refund.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2021 12:25 AM in response to Mickey712

Try a forced restart https://support.apple.com/guide/iphone/force-restart-iphone-iph8903c3ee6/ios

If that fails and if this is indeed a brand new phone then take it back under warranty or use your free apple technical support

Depending on your region, you may be able to reach them here: Get Support

If this is a new-to-you but pre-owned phone then see the process below. Work all through it.

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't turn on or is frozen - Apple Support

There is no guarantee you can save any data since your last backup

If it fails more than 3 times seek a refund.

Apr 15, 2021 6:06 AM in response to Mickey712

I’m afraid the suggestions didn’t help. My new phone is a iPhone 12 pro max. I was able to set everything up with exception Update Apple ID Settings. When I press the blue continue it just spins. I’ve updated my password. Had my old phone sitting next to the new phone. I’m at a loss. So nice of you to respond. I hope you can respond again with a successful solution.

Best regards,

Michele Fitzpatrick

My new iPhone is stuck in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.