Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is the HP Envy 6032 printer compatible with Mac OS 11.2.3 Big Sur?

I can get this printer to print with a cable attachment, but not wirelessly. Cannot even download the HP Smart software. Suspect a basic incompatibility........

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:13 AM

You really need to speak with HP. It is their computer using their drivers. I believe

The 6032 is a real All-in-One but what I see on the H site suggests have very diminished capability with recent macOS upgrades.

On this HP page for the Envy 6032 suggest that support stopped at macOS 10.4. For 10.14 and older, they say to use can AirPrint.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-6000-all-in-one-printer-series/29256672/model/33518705

However, there is a firmware update from Jan 2021pending for that model showin on the page

In this Apple article on AirPrint. your old HP is supported by Airprint.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

More here:

Print wirelessly from your Mac to an AirPrint printer - Apple Support

If you have to manually add the printer and have Apple check for compatible drivers, use System Prefences > Printers & Scanners:

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2021 8:13 AM in response to brianfromnewport

You really need to speak with HP. It is their computer using their drivers. I believe

The 6032 is a real All-in-One but what I see on the H site suggests have very diminished capability with recent macOS upgrades.

On this HP page for the Envy 6032 suggest that support stopped at macOS 10.4. For 10.14 and older, they say to use can AirPrint.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-envy-6000-all-in-one-printer-series/29256672/model/33518705

However, there is a firmware update from Jan 2021pending for that model showin on the page

In this Apple article on AirPrint. your old HP is supported by Airprint.

About AirPrint - Apple Support

More here:

Print wirelessly from your Mac to an AirPrint printer - Apple Support

If you have to manually add the printer and have Apple check for compatible drivers, use System Prefences > Printers & Scanners:

Apr 18, 2021 5:20 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Mac OS Big Sur (11.2.3) is clearly not compatible with HP Smart software -- but there is a workaround, and I managed to set up the printer by coupling it to my iPad (which does accept the HP Smart software). Then once the Wifi blue light on the printer was continuously glowing (ie Wifi contact was good) I found I could print from the printer from my iMac too, using Airprint. I can scan too, and transfer images to the computer, but only via a USB cable. So at least I now have a printer / scanner that works. But I hope that HP and Apple Mac get the Big Sur software issue sorted out in the near future........

Is the HP Envy 6032 printer compatible with Mac OS 11.2.3 Big Sur?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.