Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I'm on Catalina and I want to download Garageband. I get the message that I need Version 11 or later. So I go to Big Sur but my Mac is telling me that no updates are available. Can anyone help?

I'm on Catalina and I want to download Garageband. I get the message that I need Version 11 or later. So I get the message that I need Version 11 or later. So I go to Big Sur but my Mac is telling me that no updates are available. Can anyone help?

iMac Pro

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 1:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 1:30 PM

See instructions in: How to upgrade to macOS Big Sur - Apple Support

3 replies

Apr 26, 2021 6:21 AM in response to Phoneme52

It won't allow to download macOS Big Sur and also says can't download newest garageband, download compatible version...and then nothing happens and the question keeps popping up again and again. No software updates available in my system preferences either. Sometimes garageband will open, then sometimes it says update, does the loop of not letting me update or even open.

I'm on Catalina and I want to download Garageband. I get the message that I need Version 11 or later. So I go to Big Sur but my Mac is telling me that no updates are available. Can anyone help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.