Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update Garage Band 10.4.3.

I just loaded Big Sur, 11.4 on my MacBook Pro. When I try to open an existing project I get the error message "Sorry, can’t load this project because it is created by a newer GarageBand version. Please update GarageBand!"

Now I can't find Garage Band 10.4.3. to update.

MacBook Pro thinks all my apps are up to date. Not that smart, eh?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 5:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2021 10:46 PM

You may want to move the installed GarageBand 10.3.2 to the Trash (but do not empty it). Restart the Mac. Then go again to the App Store and search for GarageBand. Is there now a download arrow near the GarageBand icon? This should then install the most recent version.

Did the installation of macOS Big Sur, 11.4 really succeed? Have you checked the system version in the > About this Mac menu?

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2021 10:46 PM in response to Felippe2

You may want to move the installed GarageBand 10.3.2 to the Trash (but do not empty it). Restart the Mac. Then go again to the App Store and search for GarageBand. Is there now a download arrow near the GarageBand icon? This should then install the most recent version.

Did the installation of macOS Big Sur, 11.4 really succeed? Have you checked the system version in the > About this Mac menu?

Jun 30, 2021 5:47 AM in response to Felippe2

The most recent version of GarageBand offered at the AppStore is GarageBand 10.4.3.

You should find it at the AppStore, if you enter "GarageBand" into the search field.

If you are running this version, you should be able to open older projects with it.

Which version of GarageBand created the projects you are trying to open?

You may no longer be able to open very old projects, that contain audio files in a format no longer supported on Big Sur.

Can't update Garage Band 10.4.3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.