Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS High Sierra Won't Update No Matter What

I tried updating my MacBook Air in the app store’s “updates” section but the whole thing was formatted weirdly and wouldn’t update anything. The option to update from High Sierra to a newer version isn’t even there. I tried following Apple’s suggestions but nothing fixed it. I checked my iCloud, I signed in and out of my iCloud, I checked my payment info, I restarted my laptop multiple times but nothing worked. I know I should contact Apple support but I’m trying this first. If anyone knows anything, I’d really appreciate it. (Attached is a screenshot of my App Store)

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:01 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Apr 15, 2021 8:15 PM in response to JustCallMePickle

Welcome, JustCallMePickle, to Apple Support Communities!

You’ll never find Upgrades in the Mac App Store’s Update page.

You can find versions of macOS via How to get old versions of macOS - Apple Support. The installer links are to Mac App Store (use Safari, since most other browsers will not work properly).

(There are links, there, that will help you determine what macOS version your MacBook Air is compatible with.)

You should always Backup before upgrading.

I also recommend that you check your applications for compatibility with the version of macOS that you’ll be upgrading to.

MacOS High Sierra Won't Update No Matter What

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.