Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple wireless charger usb-c adapter

I have an IPhone 12 pro and the apple wireless phone charger. My problem is the apple usb-c adapter is on the front of the plug and makes my nightstands really far from the wall. Can I use an off brand usb-c adapter or does that mess with the charger speed or damage the phone?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 7:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2021 8:06 PM

MoparJen Said:

"Apple wireless charger usb-c adapter: I have an IPhone 12 pro and the apple wireless phone charger. My problem is the apple usb-c adapter is on the front of the plug and makes my nightstands really far from the wall. Can I use an off brand usb-c adapter or does that mess with the charger speed or damage the phone?"

-------

Compatibility may be the Culprit:

An off brand charge should do fine, if compatible with your model. If it ends up not working, then go brand-for-brand(Apple-for-Apple).

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2021 8:06 PM in response to MoparJen

MoparJen Said:

"Apple wireless charger usb-c adapter: I have an IPhone 12 pro and the apple wireless phone charger. My problem is the apple usb-c adapter is on the front of the plug and makes my nightstands really far from the wall. Can I use an off brand usb-c adapter or does that mess with the charger speed or damage the phone?"

-------

Compatibility may be the Culprit:

An off brand charge should do fine, if compatible with your model. If it ends up not working, then go brand-for-brand(Apple-for-Apple).

Apple wireless charger usb-c adapter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.