Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Music app doesn't recognise ANY iPhone when connected via USB. HELP NEEDED.

The updated software (MacOS Big Sur) has forced me to have the Music app (previously iTunes) and now I wish I never updated. The app is useless and doesn't recognise ANY iPhone when connected via USB, so I can't back-up or restore ANY iPhone via my computer. There is nothing wrong with the iPhones, USBs or USB ports as the phones charge up when connected and are connected, but the Music app and Finder doesn't recognise them at all!!!

I need help urgently. This makes the backing up/adding music, saving/storing photos from my iPhone to my Mac absolutely impossible.

Can somebody help me?

iPhone 8, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 3:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2021 3:38 PM

Therefore, presumably you continued to follow the directions in the article linked above, which sent you to this article:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

What happened when you did this?

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 17, 2021 3:58 PM in response to sberman

I followed these steps:

If you use a Mac

• Connect your iOS or iPadOS device and make sure that it's unlocked and on the Home screen.
  • On your Mac, hold down the Option key, click the Apple menu, and choose System Information or System Report.
  • From the list on the left, select USB.
  • If you see your iPhone, iPad, or iPod under USB Device Tree, get the latest macOS or install the latest updates. If you don't see your device or still need help, contact Apple Support.

I have the latest software on my Mac and my phone is showing under USB device tree, yet my Mac or Music app isn't recognising it or showing me access to it anywhere! It's a nightmare. I've gone through all the steps or changing USB ports, restarting devices, checking for latest software and still no luck.

Mac Music app doesn't recognise ANY iPhone when connected via USB. HELP NEEDED.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.