Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Time Capsule Device suddenly "not found" in MacBookPro

I use the Airport Time T2 Capsule as the home wifi and also to store and retrieve files plus Backup files using MacBook Pro.

A few days ago I still had over 580 gigabytes of memory left and I back up only manually via the wifi but now the Airport is not showing and I get a Device "not found"yet I am able to access it via wifi with Chrome and MacBookPro.

Any assistance with how to troubleshoot with be highly appreciated, I am afraid of doing any kind of reset for fear of losing information and files stored in the time capsule.

Thank you

Posted on Apr 18, 2021 7:42 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Apr 18, 2021 7:47 PM in response to duke4u

Have you tried the basics? Powering off the Time Capsule, restarting your Mac, powering the Time Capsule back up?

What other troubleshooting steps have you performed?

We ask because we don't want to waste your time asking you to do things that you have already done.

As far as resets, you won't lose any data on the Time Capsule hard drive unless you go through a very specific "erase disk" procedure that will ask you at least twice whether or not you really want to erase the hard drive on the Time Capsule.

Apr 19, 2021 7:35 AM in response to Bob Timmons

Bob,

Thank you,

I powered off the time capsule and waited couple minutes and restarted. The amber light went green. I restarted the MacBook Pro and I could get wifi connection in my iPhone and the MacBook Pro but the Airport still not showing connected as normally shows (picture). i do not understand why it happened as I have not done any thing unusual but wonder how to troubleshoot or maybe I need to erase some memory from TC?

Apr 19, 2021 7:58 AM in response to duke4u

You seem to be thinking that the issue is with the Time Capsule, but at this point, we do not really know whether the problem might be with your MacBook Pro, the Time Capsule or something else. So, more investigation is needed.

Does the Time Capsule appear if you use AirPort Utility on your iPhone?

If you have not installed AirPort Utility on your iPhone, you can do so by going to the App Store on the Home Screen and entering AirPort Utility in the search box. When you open the AirPort Utility application on the iPhone for the first time, you may be asked for the admin password of the Time Capsule, so you might need to keep that handy.

Obviously, if the Time Capsule appears normally when you perform this check with an iPhone, then you know that the problem is not with the Time Capsule, or your iPhone. The real issue might be with your Mac.

Apr 19, 2021 8:43 PM in response to duke4u

When this type of thing occurs, the only thing that you can do that might help is perform a Hard Reset on the Time Capsule and then set it up again.

To perform a Hard Reset, simply hold the reset button on the back of the Time Capsule in for about 7-8 seconds and release. Then, allow a full minute for the Time Capsule to restart to slow blinking amber light status. The Time Capsule is now ready to be set up again. You can use the same names and password if you wish, or use new names and passwords.

The data on the Time Capsule hard drive will not be affected by the reset.

Time Capsules do tend to start acting up about 5 years of age on average. Not sure whether this might be a factor with your product.

Airport Time Capsule Device suddenly "not found" in MacBookPro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.