Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my time capsule says it is not available

My time capsule is connected to my wifi router by ethernet. Recently it stopped backing up and the preferences says it is not available. Airport utility shows the time capsule connected correctly. but 'base station tab shows yellow and 'Back to My Mac' is not available in this version of macOS. Click delete to remove your iCloud account.' I am not sure what this means but don't want to delete until I understand what I am doing!

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 6:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 22, 2022 7:41 PM

Apple no longer supports Back to My Mac. Click delete to remove Back to My Mac and things will return to normal after you restart the Time Capsule.

You may need to restart your WiFi router and your Mac as well.

Another way to say the same thing......the Time Capsule will not operate correctly until you follow the instructions that you have seen.

I am not sure what this means but don't want to delete until I understand what I am doing!

You will be deleting an option that does not work, so no loss.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 22, 2022 7:41 PM in response to Josiah4

Apple no longer supports Back to My Mac. Click delete to remove Back to My Mac and things will return to normal after you restart the Time Capsule.

You may need to restart your WiFi router and your Mac as well.

Another way to say the same thing......the Time Capsule will not operate correctly until you follow the instructions that you have seen.

I am not sure what this means but don't want to delete until I understand what I am doing!

You will be deleting an option that does not work, so no loss.

Feb 23, 2022 11:26 AM in response to Bob Timmons

A bit more. Bob was correct to say that starting and restarting router, time capsule, Mac might be needed. I would add that it took a while. Restarting things was needed, but the first round did not work immediately. I assumed there could be a lag, so doing it all again a couple of times over a morning meant that eventually I got the order right or the router software from Verizon or iCloud or something else caught up. It did eventually work. So, don't give up too soon!

my time capsule says it is not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.