Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes playlists in windows

Sorry if others already know this but I'm rather stuck and would appreciate some advice.

When I select a playlist, eg XYZ, and then right click I get a set of options. One is play "XYZ". If I click on that I get a message that "iTunes has stopped working" and then it closes down.

It seems the only way to play a playlist is to select the "play next" option. This works but then I have no shuffle capability. Clicking on the Shuffle All (next to the 3 dots) on the right of the window gives me the "iTunes has stopped working" again.

I'm on Windows 8.1 and itunes 12.10.10.2. Any ideas would be great -- thanks

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 7:27 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 21, 2021 4:48 AM in response to patrickloe

For general advice see Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates.

The steps in the second box are a guide to removing everything related to iTunes and then rebuilding it which is often a good starting point unless the symptoms indicate a more specific approach. When reinstalling right click on the downloaded setup file and use run as administrator. It may also help to temporarily disable any non-Microsoft anti-virus.

Review the other boxes and the list of support documents further down the page in case one of them applies.

The further information area has direct links to the current and recent builds in case you have problems downloading, or want to revert to an older version if the current one won't work properly for you at the moment. Links to the most recent builds are now at the bottom of the page.

Your library and device backups should be unaffected by these steps but there are links to backup and recovery advice should it be needed.

tt2

Apr 21, 2021 3:53 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for your idea. I tried it and I don't get "stopped working - send details to Apple? etc " msg. Instead, nothing happens at all - it just sits there looking at me. I don't know what else to try except sending feedback to Apple ("We read all feedback carefully") and hope. Pity - it's a really useful product that is now, in effect, useless.

May 5, 2021 9:43 AM in response to turingtest2

Thanks for the thoughts but that seems an awfully complex way to go. I tried installing the just-released version (12.10.11.2) and it certainly changes something. I no longer get "iTunes has stopped working" - instead I get nothing at all. It doesn't work but it doesn't fall over. I'll keep trying and maybe in a few versions time it'll spring into life. So it goes.

Itunes playlists in windows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.