Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing a Pages Document by exporting as a .docx then sending via Mail

My wife has been getting problems sharing Course Notes with her Zoom Class. For some reason by following the. Export command ... - Convert to Word. - Then select Email. The attachments were not being sent directly from the Share Button. I realised they were all held in a queue in the Outbox of her Mail account, so then had to be re-sent from the Outbox instead of automatically as I would have expected.

Should I check any settings in order that Pages could directly access the chosen Mail account?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 11:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 1:07 PM

After the Pages Send a Copy > Mail > Word sequence to arrive at an attached Word document in the Mail compose window you click the Attachment paperclip icon in the Mail toolbar. On the resulting panel, there will be an Options button, which when you click it, you want to see:

with the indicated selection. When that is set, just cancel the dialog.

This is how it is supposed to work, but not if Apple Mail has been chosen as the frontend to a different email application.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2021 1:07 PM in response to Harri Flex

After the Pages Send a Copy > Mail > Word sequence to arrive at an attached Word document in the Mail compose window you click the Attachment paperclip icon in the Mail toolbar. On the resulting panel, there will be an Options button, which when you click it, you want to see:

with the indicated selection. When that is set, just cancel the dialog.

This is how it is supposed to work, but not if Apple Mail has been chosen as the frontend to a different email application.

Apr 20, 2021 2:08 AM in response to VikingOSX

Thanks for your reply.

Whilst working on a document within Pages, it does give the option to share within the Pages App. It can be exported directly from here, offering different file formats. Needless to say I’m still curious as to why Mail only seems to hold it in the Outbox Folder and not send it directly as instructed by the author.

Sharing a Pages Document by exporting as a .docx then sending via Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.