Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing Pages doc as a Word doc - why is it so hard now???

before the most recent MacOs update, when I created a pages doc, I could click Share, then email it in any format (I.e. Word).

now, I have to go: file, export, save as word, open the folder where it's saved, and then email

why is it so hard now, and is there an easier workaround???

MacBook Air

Posted on Nov 16, 2022 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2022 5:51 AM

See my recent post for an AppleScript/Shortcuts solution that automatically exports a choice of document format and attaches it to a new Mail compose window.

5 replies

Nov 16, 2022 9:44 AM in response to mjh84

It is harder now because the Pages product team chose to remove the Share menu and functionality of the Send a Copy menu item with Pages v12.2 on Ventura. There is no easier work around. You now need to manually export to Word and then again manually attach that Word document to a newly launched Mail compose window.

You can send constructive feedback criticism to the product team from the application menu. As these are fellow user supported public communities, and the Apple product teams are embargoed from participating here, no why questions can be answered.

Nov 18, 2022 9:12 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

still easy to do the PDF email sending, just hit command P for a print dialogue box, then choose "send in mail" from the PDF drop down menu (and make a keyboard shortcut for it in settings).

but the send as a word document, the missing feature described in the original post above... so frustrating that it's gone! i've been using it for years, and with a keyboard shortcut! it saved so many steps, and i didn't have a word document sitting around afterwards that i didn't need!

any ideas for a fix? maybe an automator/shortcuts/extension in the share button menu?

Sharing Pages doc as a Word doc - why is it so hard now???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.