Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong aspect ratio playback

The Apple TV app on my Samsung smart TV displays the wrong aspect ratio for SD shows. I can’t change the ratio on the TV or in the app settings. The only way I can watch in the correct ratio is if I stream from my iPad/phone to the TV. Is there a fix coming for this? It’s so annoying

QRQ60,

Posted on Apr 19, 2021 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 7:51 AM

Let Apple developers know (or remind them) about your issue: Feedback - Apple TV App - Apple

or contact Support (maybe one of the experts there knows a fix)

or maybe it is something that only Samsung can offer with a firmware update?

4 replies

Apr 20, 2021 7:31 AM in response to Urquhart1244

Hi there!

I actually can’t change the aspect ratio on the TV when I’m using the Apple TV app. The option is not ‘selectable’.

I am fully aware that SD has nothing to do with aspect ratio - I have only had issues with SD content which is why I mentioned it. Apple is adding the side black bars to adjust for old SD content size and it ends up looking squished.

I’ve read forums about this exact issue on other sites - that’s why I asked if the developers were working on a patch.

Wrong aspect ratio playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.