Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro 2020 automatically disconnects from the Wi-Fi hotspot

Hello, community! I have recently bought a new MacBook Pro 2020 M1 (A2338) and noticed an issue while being connected to the Wi-Fi hotspot. MacBook automatically disconnects from the Wi-Fi every time I connect. The period of time is random. It happens only on Mac, other devices behave as expected. Please help!

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 6:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 3:20 PM

Hi oleksii14,

It appears that it may actually be your modem/router. You can try resetting your modem by powering it off for around 30 seconds and turning it back on. If you still experience issues, we'd recommend that you check if there are any firmware updates available for your equipment or connect with your ISP provider for additional guidance.

Kind regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2021 3:20 PM in response to oleksii14

Hi oleksii14,

It appears that it may actually be your modem/router. You can try resetting your modem by powering it off for around 30 seconds and turning it back on. If you still experience issues, we'd recommend that you check if there are any firmware updates available for your equipment or connect with your ISP provider for additional guidance.

Kind regards.

Apr 21, 2021 8:10 AM in response to oleksii14

Hello oleksii14,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. We understand that your MacBook Pro is disconnecting from Wi-Fi. Does this happen with multiple networks or is it just this one hotspot? Have you tried restarting your MacBook since noticing this behavior? Take a look at the following links and let us know if this helps.

Manage the Wi-Fi connection on your Mac

If your Mac doesn't connect to the Internet over Wi-Fi

Have a great day.

Apr 22, 2021 10:08 AM in response to melissa_m77

Thanks for the reply!

I think it happens with one specific network, the one that is at home.

I have been restarting my Mac many times, it didn't help.

I looked at the articles you sent, it seems all works as expected.

What is very strange is that this unexpected disconnect happens randomly.

In my point of view, the issue may be with a router or a hotspot. Can you advice what should I check?

MacBook Pro 2020 automatically disconnects from the Wi-Fi hotspot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.