Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync Steps/Activity from iPhone to Apple Watch

When I go out without my watch on but have my phone, I am not seeing the steps syncing on the Activity app. For "Activity" in the Health app on my phone, when I click "Data Sources & Access", the watch is listed as the only source, and it's not giving me an option to add my phone as another source. How do I fix it?

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 7

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 7:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 3:59 PM

Steps recorded on the phone go straight to the health app,they are nothing to do with the watch,the only data that goes to the fitness app is from the watch as the the fitness app is exclusively for the watch.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2021 3:59 PM in response to jwilloww

Steps recorded on the phone go straight to the health app,they are nothing to do with the watch,the only data that goes to the fitness app is from the watch as the the fitness app is exclusively for the watch.

Sync Steps/Activity from iPhone to Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.