Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music gone after upgrading to iphone 12

How do i get the music i lost when i upgraded my phone? I backed up my iphone 8 to iCloud, then used that backup to set up iphone12. But most of my music is missing?

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 14

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 9:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 10:02 AM

The music is not really a part of the iCloud backup. For music, your iCloud Backup includes information about the content you buy, but not the content itself. For more info, see:

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically redownloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or Books Store.  However for music you imported from your computer (for example), you need to sync again:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

If it is music you lease with an Apple Music subscription, see this article:

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2021 10:02 AM in response to SEADI

The music is not really a part of the iCloud backup. For music, your iCloud Backup includes information about the content you buy, but not the content itself. For more info, see:

What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

When you restore from an iCloud backup, your purchased content is automatically redownloaded from the iTunes Store, App Store, or Books Store.  However for music you imported from your computer (for example), you need to sync again:

Sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod using your computer - Apple Support

If it is music you lease with an Apple Music subscription, see this article:

If songs are missing from your music library after you turn on Sync Library - Apple Support

Music gone after upgrading to iphone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.