Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have an iPhone 11 I want to sync to Itunes, which is full updated. I have OS 10.11.4. Is Mac saying they require me to update my OPERATING SYSTEM? They are not giving me any details about what they want to update.

I have an iPhone 11 I want to sync to Itunes, which is full updated. I have OS 10.11.4. Is Mac saying they require me to update my OPERATING SYSTEM? They are not giving me any details about what they want to update.

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 20, 2021 9:25 AM

6 replies

Apr 20, 2021 9:54 AM in response to hcf123

I believe you need macOS 13.6 (High Sierra) and iTunes 12.8.2. What version of iTunes do you currently have?

This is a user-to-user technical support site operated by Apple, we are volunteers here. As such ask me how much I care whether you switch to Android or not. But before you do so check with the site for the manufacturer of the actual smartphone you intend to purchase and make sure it is compatible with your Mac OS.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.