Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems with Airprint

Hi, I’m having problems printing from my iPhone 12 Pro Max. It worked fine last week but not this week. The phone is finding the printer and it appears when I have to select printer but when I try to print it keeps saying “Printer is offline”. However my printer prints fine from my Mac. Any advice please?

iPhone 12 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 4:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 5:11 AM

All AirPrint requires is that the printer does support this feature and that both devices (iPhone and printer) are connected to the same Wifi Network.

Restart your router, printer and iPhone. Then make sure printer and iPhone are on the same WiFi Network.

Binky44 wrote:

However my printer prints fine from my Mac.

Mac, beside AirPrint, does allow to use Network Printing (also know as Printing over IP) which utilities different protocol.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 5:11 AM in response to Binky44

All AirPrint requires is that the printer does support this feature and that both devices (iPhone and printer) are connected to the same Wifi Network.

Restart your router, printer and iPhone. Then make sure printer and iPhone are on the same WiFi Network.

Binky44 wrote:

However my printer prints fine from my Mac.

Mac, beside AirPrint, does allow to use Network Printing (also know as Printing over IP) which utilities different protocol.

Problems with Airprint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.