Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple channel requires app to view show, what is this and what login would I use if downloaded the channels app

While trying to watch a show on Brotbox it said I had to have the BritBox app to watch the final show available. I’m paying the same price for BritBox through appletv as I would if I subscribed separately why am I missing out on the show? Or is there a login I can use with the app? Beyond that it seems people subscribing through Apple TV to channels are at a disadvantage if all the shows aren’t available to them.

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 14

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 4:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 8:39 AM

Afaik, the Apple TV app Channel BritBox should have the same content as the BritBox service through the stand-alone BritBox app. If you have a subscription to the Channel, then you should be able to access all the shows in the Channel. Availability of shows may change over time, or new episodes may be added on a periodic schedule, so check if your episodes are supposed to be available on BritBox now.

As Apple hosts the Channel content, you may contact Apple Support about missing content on the Channel.

It is intended behavior that the Channel service and the separate app service are not exchangeable. Different terms and conditions, different perks and limitations. (And a different organization that pays for the hosting and bandwidth.)

Similar questions

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 8:39 AM in response to Socrates99

Afaik, the Apple TV app Channel BritBox should have the same content as the BritBox service through the stand-alone BritBox app. If you have a subscription to the Channel, then you should be able to access all the shows in the Channel. Availability of shows may change over time, or new episodes may be added on a periodic schedule, so check if your episodes are supposed to be available on BritBox now.

As Apple hosts the Channel content, you may contact Apple Support about missing content on the Channel.

It is intended behavior that the Channel service and the separate app service are not exchangeable. Different terms and conditions, different perks and limitations. (And a different organization that pays for the hosting and bandwidth.)

Apr 21, 2021 7:58 AM in response to Rudegar

Because when I did that BritBox wouldn’t accept my icloud user id. So how would I login to the individual app. BritBox won’t tell me anything because they say I purchased the subscription under the Apple umbrella or thu Apple. Whichever they don’t like it and would prefer I pay them directly. But if I’m paying the same price Apple should ensure I have access to the same shows as I don’t see anything in the T&Cs that says I have a different subscription.

Apr 21, 2021 6:27 PM in response to Urquhart1244

I appreciate your thorough answer. It seems almost as if BritBox is trying to punish people that signed up through the Apple TV app. It’s a new season of a show and they are dropping two episodes weekly but the latest two they dropped (the last one of this weeks two shows that dropped) literally has a small BritBox in the corner (sometimes) of the episodes’ picture and then of course when you click on it it says you must use the app to watch this show. It’s just odd as the new episodes that dropped last week and the week before are still available thru Apple TV just not the latest one. We aren’t having this issue with another show that is dropping new episodes weekly. I appreciate your help but think it may be time for Apple support. They should at least know about this and if this is the case I might as well just subscribe thru the app.

Apple channel requires app to view show, what is this and what login would I use if downloaded the channels app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.