Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airpods pro ear infections

I am having issues wearing my AirPods pro. Each time I try to use the AirPods, even for just an hour, the same day I get an ear infection. Ear drainage, itchy ears, that lasts for about a week. I have disinfected the silicone tips and still have the same issues. I have not had any issues using the standard airpod's, so I'm am assuming I have an allergy to the silicone tips. Does anyone have any recommendations?

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 5:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 1:18 PM

I would guess another possibility is the silicone tips are creating a more airtight seal and the humid air trapped inside is creating an environment for favorable for bacteria or fungus. In that case you may even wish to get medical advice even if you stop wearing the tips.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 1:18 PM in response to Limnos

I would guess another possibility is the silicone tips are creating a more airtight seal and the humid air trapped inside is creating an environment for favorable for bacteria or fungus. In that case you may even wish to get medical advice even if you stop wearing the tips.

airpods pro ear infections

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.