Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Late 2013 MBP Bluet

I tried to migrate my MBP Late 2013 to the new MBP with 1 but the new unit came with several problems (WiFi instability,, fingerprint issues and Bluetooth). Apple support recommended returning the new unit. The problem is: now Bluetooth doesn't work on my old laptop either. I didn't erase the computer. All I did was migrating to a new one via wifi. What should I do? I need Bluetooth badly!

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 8:25 AM

Hello vschafer,

It appears you are having an issue with the Bluetooth on your Mac. We are going to try to assist.

Is the Bluetooth coming on and not connecting to other devices? If it is a matter of not connecting, take a look at how to resolve Bluetooth interference issues: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference – Apple Support

If Bluetooth is not coming on, then test in safe mode. Safe mode can help isolate issues.

To start in safe mode, begin with the computer powered off. Follow the directions found here, depending on what type of Mac you have: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

The computer will take longer to start in safe mode, and the screen may have some distorted video as it starts up. This is normal. Once you are logged in, use the system and test to see if Bluetooth works as expected.

If everything seems to work as expected, go ahead and restart the computer normally and test again. Starting in safe mode forces the computer to run some disk checks similar to First Aid. This can resolve some issues.

Cheers.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2021 8:25 AM in response to vschafer

Hello vschafer,

It appears you are having an issue with the Bluetooth on your Mac. We are going to try to assist.

Is the Bluetooth coming on and not connecting to other devices? If it is a matter of not connecting, take a look at how to resolve Bluetooth interference issues: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference – Apple Support

If Bluetooth is not coming on, then test in safe mode. Safe mode can help isolate issues.

To start in safe mode, begin with the computer powered off. Follow the directions found here, depending on what type of Mac you have: How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support

The computer will take longer to start in safe mode, and the screen may have some distorted video as it starts up. This is normal. Once you are logged in, use the system and test to see if Bluetooth works as expected.

If everything seems to work as expected, go ahead and restart the computer normally and test again. Starting in safe mode forces the computer to run some disk checks similar to First Aid. This can resolve some issues.

Cheers.

Late 2013 MBP Bluet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.