Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

parental control

For my kids to get an app on there phone they have to look for it in the app store, find it and press the get or buy button. This then brings up a box that they have to ask me to get that app, if I decline they don't get it

however it seems that if i have the app already or we have had the app in the past they can download it from the cloud without it asking me

can I stop this from happening

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 11:06 AM

Read this link please ⬇︎

Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy - https://support.apple.com/HT201089

If it was downloaded in the past then they can re-download it without Ask To Buy interceding.

6 replies

Apr 21, 2021 11:48 AM in response to slowmac and slowmac

Songs that have already been downloaded will work fine, but you will have to sync each device to iTunes on a computer to receive new songs. Applications that are downloaded using family sharing should continue to work fine, although they might have to ask permission for the app at the next update. Not sure if you can set it to only stop application sharing and not music sharing.

parental control

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.