Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When is music removed from Apple Music?

When is music removed from Apple Music? Is there a way to learn or be notified when music will be removed? My iTunes/iCloud Music Library is getting cluttered with entries for Apple Music that are no longer available.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2021 5:24 PM

Yeah, that's pretty problematic. Unfortunately, there's no way to know when the music gets removed.

It's easy to know when new music gets released because the artist usually announces it on their social media page.

But because nobody announces that they are removing music, nobody knows it's gone.

So until Apple releases RSS for iTunes, I guess we are all out of luck.

-Casey B.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2021 5:24 PM in response to ClydeMcK

Yeah, that's pretty problematic. Unfortunately, there's no way to know when the music gets removed.

It's easy to know when new music gets released because the artist usually announces it on their social media page.

But because nobody announces that they are removing music, nobody knows it's gone.

So until Apple releases RSS for iTunes, I guess we are all out of luck.

-Casey B.

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

When is music removed from Apple Music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.