Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi switch greyed out

I can't activate wifi, the switch button is greyed out.

iPhone 8

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 5:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 6:37 PM

bocond:

"No, I Go to Settings > Wi-Fi but i can't turn it on because it's greyed out."

-------

If Wi-Fi is Greyed-Out:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Go To: Settings
  2. Tap: General
  3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Update to: the latest version of iOS

C. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 6:37 PM in response to bocond

bocond:

"No, I Go to Settings > Wi-Fi but i can't turn it on because it's greyed out."

-------

If Wi-Fi is Greyed-Out:

Try The Following the the Order Provided:

A. Restarting the iPhone:

If any changes were made (i.e. Installed Apps), then Settings (i.e Wf-Fi), may have become manipulated technically. So, try restarting the iPhone:

3. Tap: Shut Down
  4. Slide: Your Finger to the Right

B. Update to: the latest version of iOS

C. Reset All Network Settings to Default:

Example of items that will be reset: (Wi-Fi Passwords, VPN Connections, etc)

3. Tap: Reset
  4. Tap: Reset Network Settings.
  5. Enter: [Your Passcode]

Apr 28, 2021 2:36 PM in response to wi--greyed-out

wi--greyed-out Said:

"My Iphone X WI Fi is greyed out, i thought the mother board had gone so i bought an iphone 12 and restored the iphone x backup and now the brand new iphone 12 is exactly the same!!! Help!!!~"

-------

Perhaps this is a Faulty Device?

Your device may be faulty. You have a one-year, out-of-the-box limited warranty. So, contact Apple Support, requesting that this be looked at. You have 14 days to return it. So, contacting Apple Support, seems the best way to go from here.

Apple Support Contact Info:

Note: Phone calls are taking a bit to go through at the moment, due to lots of calls. With the Coronavirus Pandemic, many are at home at the moment, with much time on their hands to contact Apple. So, just stay on the line, and you will get through :)

May 24, 2021 6:00 PM in response to bocond

This has been an every 1 year - 6 months problem for my dad. i don't know what setting or whatever nonsense is going on but it has been a constant annoyance as the phone cannot be restore with an itunes backup and now i am dealing with a worse issue that it is now affecting his iPad simultaneously. PLEASE HELP! this has gotten outta hand and is quite ridiculous.

also he might be doing some fuckery and doesn't even know that he's doing it. if someone can help out with their own experience with the inexperience doing some weird nonsense.

first time was with an iphone 8 then twice now with an iphone 11 pro and also with his new ipad air gen 4.

thank you anyone for any input!

Wifi switch greyed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.