Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Alesis Q25 keyboard recognized as control surface

Every time I plug in my Alesis Q25, or when the computer wakes from sleep, Logic recognizes the keyboard as a control surface. No events are sent to the selected MIDI track. Instead MIDI events are taken by Logic to resize windows and such.

I have to delete this as a control surface in the Control Surface Setup dialog, and then it works as a keyboard. But then every time the computer wakes up from sleep, I have to do it again.

I have also tried deleting the preferences file to force it to be rebuilt per this discussion: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8343179

But the problem just persists. Super annoying, all the more so because when deleting it, it prompts "Do you really want to delete all selected devices permanently? Undo is not possible for this action." Well, I wish I COULD delete it permanently, but it comes back every time.

iMac, macOS 10.12

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 9:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2021 9:50 PM

Well I may have solved this myself. First I deleted the control surface as above. Then, in the Control Surface Setup dialog>New I unchecked "Automatic Installation". Now when I plug in the keyboard, it does not show up as a control surface. It also does not appear when the computer wakes from sleep.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2021 9:50 PM in response to srpings

Well I may have solved this myself. First I deleted the control surface as above. Then, in the Control Surface Setup dialog>New I unchecked "Automatic Installation". Now when I plug in the keyboard, it does not show up as a control surface. It also does not appear when the computer wakes from sleep.

Alesis Q25 keyboard recognized as control surface

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.